how to do spotlight searches with alfred ?

In spotlight I can do queries like "tag:bill not tag:payed" which I use to find unpayed bills via mavericks tagging.

Is there a way I can do the same query from Alfred ?

I found "tags" but that seems to just search all tags matching.

Also, spotlight let me open a finder with all the matches shown so I can browse with coverflow etc. How would one do that with Alfred ?

Thanks!

In spotlight I can do queries like "tag:bill not tag:payed" which I use to find unpayed bills via mavericks tagging.

Is there a way I can do the same query from Alfred ?

I found "tags" but that seems to just search all tags matching.

Also, spotlight let me open a finder with all the matches shown so I can browse with coverflow etc. How would one do that with Alfred ?

Thanks!

Alfred's current tag support is indeed a matching of all tags. He doesn't currently support the syntax that you are looking to use. To open the search in Finder, type your query and press Opt+Return (assuming your configuration is set to that key combo, check the setting on the right side in Alfred's Advanced preferences)

Alfred's current tag support is indeed a matching of all tags. He doesn't currently support the syntax that you are looking to use. To open the search in Finder, type your query and press Opt+Return (assuming your configuration is set to that key combo, check the setting on the right side in Alfred's Advanced preferences)

opt+return just open the single file - I'm looking for opening the finder with the full search results so I can coverflow/quick look the content.

Seems spotlight for now is better than alfred in this area ;/

opt+return just open the single file - I'm looking for opening the finder with the full search results so I can coverflow/quick look the content.

Seems spotlight for now is better than alfred in this area ;/

Did you double check to ensure (as mentioned above) that the Advanced preferences were set so that pressing Opt+Return would search the text in Finder?

• 3 weeks later...

Did you double check to ensure (as mentioned above) that the Advanced preferences were set so that pressing Opt+Return would search the text in Finder?

You are right - this is good now I just need to remember it ;)

is there a way to have it show in the default fallback searches ?

You are right - this is good now I just need to remember it ;)

is there a way to have it show in the default fallback searches ?

I guess you could simulate it with a workflow. You would have to have a hotkey set to do the standard Spotlight search and then use a workflow to simulate pressing that hotkey and pasting the text. I think it should be possible.