Open a file or folder from Windows explorer thru Parallels 8

Hey guys, workflow newbie here!

I'd like to see if it's possible to open a file or folder using Alfred, passed through to the windows/parallels side with a key in. For example, I'd like to type "CPP" in Alfred and open a folder in windows explorer called "Central Polk Parkway" or type "PPM" and open a pdf called "Plans Prep Manual", again on the windows/parallels side. I can easily do this with a simple workflow on the mac side with finder but can I pass it thru parallels? I've searched the forums for my answer with no luck.

Thanks for any help.

Hey guys, workflow newbie here!

I'd like to see if it's possible to open a file or folder using Alfred, passed through to the windows/parallels side with a key in. For example, I'd like to type "CPP" in Alfred and open a folder in windows explorer called "Central Polk Parkway" or type "PPM" and open a pdf called "Plans Prep Manual", again on the windows/parallels side. I can easily do this with a simple workflow on the mac side with finder but can I pass it thru parallels? I've searched the forums for my answer with no luck.

Thanks for any help.

I'm not sure if this is possible. I could be wrong. I don't know if there is some form of interface into these or not. The only way I could see these MAYBE working would be is if you were running the VM in Unity/Coherence mode (don't remember which one Parallels has). At the point, you may could do it. One of them (Fusion or Parallels) also has the Windows apps exposed where they are even available to be searched by Alfred. With that.. you may be able to open Explorer to a direct path. Another idea.. Make a .lnk (windows shortcut) and set OS X to open that in the Windows app.

I'm not sure that any of these will work, its just an idea. I don't use Parallels or Fusion.