Use snippets with workflow's and arguments

Hi All,

I'm a new Alfred user. I've created a workflow that takes in an argument and opens a terminal to ssh into a server. Example: "a-ssh myserver" command will open up a terminal and run "ssh -i file.pem myuser@myserver". Works great. I'd like to take this a step further and map "myserver" to a snippet that contains an actual IP address (saving me from having to manage a host file). So for example I want to have a snippet with keyword "myserver" and snippet value "127.0.0.1" (or a real IP value).  The command I would like to run in alfred is "a-ssh myserver" and have that open up a terminal and run "ssh -i file.pem myuser@127.0.0.1" by referencing the "myserver" snippet. Is this at all possible?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm a new Alfred user. I've created a workflow that takes in an argument and opens a terminal to ssh into a server. Example: "a-ssh myserver" command will open up a terminal and run "ssh -i file.pem myuser@myserver". Works great. I'd like to take this a step further and map "myserver" to a snippet that contains an actual IP address (saving me from having to manage a host file). So for example I want to have a snippet with keyword "myserver" and snippet value "127.0.0.1" (or a real IP value).  The command I would like to run in alfred is "a-ssh myserver" and have that open up a terminal and run "ssh -i file.pem myuser@127.0.0.1" by referencing the "myserver" snippet. Is this at all possible?

Thanks!

Alfred's snippets don't work in this manner. What you could do is to make a snippet that you could copy the snippet and use that ip address but that doesn't allow you to use the name. Another way of doing this would be to have a workflow that has a saved list of server name/ip associations. Finally, with DNS or your hosts file set up properly, you wouldn't have to use the ip address, you could just edit your hosts file to know that "myserver" resolves to a certain ip address. It just depends on how you want to set this up. Using the hosts file would probably be the easiest.