Opening an already opened app doesn't bring the window to the front.

Hi! 
If I'm having chrome opened in an own window (fullscreen) and i'm on another desktop, opening Alfred and searching for chrome all that happens is that chrome being activated (i.e. the menu bar changes to chrome) but it doesn't take me to the desktop where chrome is or anything like that. 

I'm guessing it's som kind of setting but i can't find it! 

Thank you for your help. :) 

Hi! 

If I'm having chrome opened in an own window (fullscreen) and i'm on another desktop, opening Alfred and searching for chrome all that happens is that chrome being activated (i.e. the menu bar changes to chrome) but it doesn't take me to the desktop where chrome is or anything like that. 

I'm guessing it's som kind of setting but i can't find it! 

Thank you for your help. :)

There could be a setting or extension or something in Chrome that is preventing this as well. By searching Chrome in Alfred and selecting the application, that is the same as you going to a terminal and typing "open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app". You could try do that at a terminal and see if you get the same result.

There could be a setting or extension or something in Chrome that is preventing this as well. By searching Chrome in Alfred and selecting the application, that is the same as you going to a terminal and typing "open /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app". You could try do that at a terminal and see if you get the same result.

Hello! Thank you for your answer.

You are correct, the same thing happens when I'm opening it from the terminal. The same thing happens (nothing) when I'm pressing the icon in the dock, no matter is it is safari, chrome, terminal or whatever.  So the problem is more likely OS X than Alfred then... I have just reinstalled the computer so I'm guessing it's some settings in OS X. 

I found the solution, it was of course a setting in OS X. Under Mission Control, make sure the checkbox for "when switching to an application, switch to a space with open window..." that made the thing! :)

Glad you were able to figure it out and thanks for sharing your results! :)