A Few Suggestions

boomchaos

A couple of suggestions:

• Browse: It'd be really awesome to have a browse command that could be used for all sorts of stuff. For example, if I typed in Browse System Preferences, it would act like the file navigator, except with  several preference panes pop up, and you can choose which one you want to go to. Browsing could also be tightly integrated with the calendar. Browse Calendar <Scope> could have display events for that scope, be it day, week, month etc. 
  • Default Search Engine: I want to be able to change the default search provider and the order in which they appear. This was available in Alfred 1, not sure where it went
  • Browser History/Bookmarks: Alfred should take bookmarks from your default browser, and if you type the first couple of the site, it will display an option of opening the webpage.
  • iTunes Mini Player: It'd also be cool if I could just scroll through songs in the mini player.

A couple of suggestions:

• Browse: It'd be really awesome to have a browse command that could be used for all sorts of stuff. For example, if I typed in Browse System Preferences, it would act like the file navigator, except with  several preference panes pop up, and you can choose which one you want to go to. Browsing could also be tightly integrated with the calendar. Browse Calendar <Scope> could have display events for that scope, be it day, week, month etc. 
  • Default Search Engine: I want to be able to change the default search provider and the order in which they appear. This was available in Alfred 1, not sure where it went
  • Browser History/Bookmarks: Alfred should take bookmarks from your default browser, and if you type the first couple of the site, it will display an option of opening the webpage.
  • iTunes Mini Player: It'd also be cool if I could just scroll through songs in the mini player.

Most of these items are available in Alfred 2.

Browse:

For your example of system preferences, you could make a workflow that would allow you to enter a keyword and search just System Preferences. You could also create a workflow that was a single keyword that would initiate a file navigation for the System Preferences. For calendar, nothing has been created to provide this functionality yet, but I'm sure it could.

Default Search Engine:

Still available in Alfred 2. The preferences have been moved around some but its still there. Go to Preferences->Features->Default Results. Toward the bottom, there is a button to set up the fallback searches. You can select from any of the ones built int to Alfred or, with workflows, you could create your own to set as fallback searches.

Browser History/Bookmarks:

This is also built into Alfred, just not turned on by default. Go to Preferences->Features->Default Results and you can turn on the ability to search Safari Bookmarks. A workflow is already available in the Share Workflows area to allow you to search Safari History. I've also made one that allows you to search Chrome Bookmarks. Workflows could probably be made to support other browsers as well. Supporting every browser is a little different because they all store this data differently.

Mini Player:

You can scroll through a list of tracks once an artist, playlist, or album is selected. Considering the size of most peoples music libraries, providing a huge list of tracks only would be excessive and a pain to use. You can also search for any track in the mini player just by typing.