Image Searches not what I expect

Hello Everyone, 

I have owned Alfred and the PowerPak for several years but have not been able to "Get It"

I have started to look at it again and have come across an issue that probably stalled me in the very beginning.

Sorry if the question is very basic.  I have tried to find the solution without any luck.

When I do a search in spotlight for an item such as images of my daughter I get a lot of results. I see, folders, emails, images, etc... Pretty much anything that has the name attached in someway to that file.

When I search with Alfred using Open, Find or '...   all I get are 2 psd files. There are hundreds if not thousands of files starting or including her name.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the advice

Troy

Hello Everyone, 

I have owned Alfred and the PowerPak for several years but have not been able to "Get It"

Hi Troy,

Could you let me know where the files you're expecting to find are located? If they're within your home folder (and your search scope settings are still set to default), they should be found, so it's likely they're in a different location.

If you can give me a few examples of what you're searching for and where the files you're expecting are located, I'll be happy to help you understand Alfred better :)

Cheers,

Vero

Most of the files I search are at Macintosh HD > Storage > Images

Hi Troy,

Launch Alfred's preferences to the Features > Default Results tab and drag your "Storage" folder to the Search Scope box. Once you've done this, you should be able to search your files that are in that location. :)

If you're still having any issues, do let me know and I'll be happy to help further!

Cheers,

Vero