Alfred can't find files in Google Drive

I am evaluating both Alfred and LaunchBar and would very much prefer to buy the PowerPack and use Alfred.  The problem is I'm a Google Drive user and though I've added the Google Drive folder to be indexed, Alfred only finds the folders and files in the Google Drive root.  If I'm searching for a file inside of a subfolder, he can't find it.

This doesn't make sense since I also use Dropbox and Box, and both of these folders have also been added to Alfred and he finds things in their nested folders.  FWIW, LaunchBar has no trouble finding anything buried within the Google Drive folder.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 years later...

I cannot get Alfred 2 to find my gdocs files.

I have modified Andrew Pepperrell'w workflow for searching inside PDFs to search inside my word and markdown file, and I would like to find gdocs files too with the same search.

I added the Drive folder in the search scope and drag&dropped a gdocs file, but the result is a strange string

dyn.ah62d4rv4ge80s3dtqq

that does not work seem to work.

Any idea?

Best fc

You can't search the contents of native Google Docs files because the files on your computer are simple JSON files that only contain links to the online version of the files. That is to say, the actual documents (and therefore the contents) simply aren't on your computer.