ALFRED and Podio

Hello all, 

I am an Alfred fan boy who would love to see a workflow that would allow adding tasks to Podio form Alfred. Are any of the talented people here interested in tackling that challenge. Podio has an API but I don't even know where to start. 

any help or advice would be much appreciated

j

Hello all, 

I am an Alfred fan boy who would love to see a workflow that would allow adding tasks to Podio form Alfred. Are any of the talented people here interested in tackling that challenge. Podio has an API but I don't even know where to start. 

any help or advice would be much appreciated

j

I'm willing to help once things slow down a little from the launch. If nobody else steps up and helps or you don't figure something else out, bump this thread and I'll try to help you figure something out.

• 10 months later...

Hey David - is this integration something you're still considering? I'd also love to see this. -Rich

I could take a look at it. I've never used Podio. I just signed up for a free account to look around for a sec. Could you give me an idea of what you'd want to get from a workflow for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey David - sorry for the delay, I didn't see that you had replied.

The hierarchal structure in podio is organized as Workspaces > Apps > App Items. So, you might have something like: Project Management > Tasks > Task Item. It would be great if the integration allowed you to create the app item, in my example a Task Item.  

I have never used Alfred Workflows, so forgive me if this is not how things work, but I would assume that from within Alfred, you would need to tell podio which workspace, and which app you'd like to add the item to. Or, maybe as an initial release, you tell it which workspace and app to assign the task to in the integration setup.

I hope that helps. Let me know how I can help.

• 3 years later...