Launch Alfred in a Screen Sharing session

Hi,

I hope I am not asking a stupid question but, may any of you suggest me how to activate Alfred on a remote machine which screen is open in a Screen Sharing (VNC) session?

I currently launch it via Spotlight because the hotkey is always captured by the local machine, never by the remote one

Thanks

Gaetano

Hi,

I hope I am not asking a stupid question but, may any of you suggest me how to activate Alfred on a remote machine which screen is open in a Screen Sharing (VNC) session?

I currently launch it via Spotlight because the hotkey is always captured by the local machine, never by the remote one

Thanks

Gaetano

I've had issues with this using LogMeIn but as long as I have the screen sharing app activated/focused I can press cmd+space and activate Alfred on the remote machine the same way I do locally.

Hi David,

this doesn't work with the native Screen Sharing application.

My Alfred shortcut is Ctrl-Space and it is always captured by the local machine.

I may try setting Cmd-Space as shortcut but I feel it doesn't depend on this, am I wrong?

Gaetano

Hi David,

this doesn't work with the native Screen Sharing application.

My Alfred shortcut is Ctrl-Space and it is always captured by the local machine.

I may try setting Cmd-Space as shortcut but I feel it doesn't depend on this, am I wrong?

Gaetano

The native screen sharing app is what I was referring to that I was testing on. As long as I have the screen sharing window active and focused, even if I have the hotkey for alfred set the same as the local machine, it triggers on the remote. 

Hi again,

it seems the problem is related to the shortcut itself: now I changed from Ctrl-Space to Cmd-Space and it works fine in Screen Sharing as well. Again, reverting back to Ctrl-Space, the invocation is only local.

I tried also from another Mac and shows the same behaviour, there is something wrong with the sequence Ctrl-Space.

I made one additional test and noticed that Opt-Space doesn't work either

Edited by Gaetano

Hi again,

it seems the problem is related to the shortcut itself: now I changed from Ctrl-Space to Cmd-Space and it works fine in Screen Sharing as well. Again, reverting back to Ctrl-Space, the invocation is only local.

I tried also from another Mac and shows the same behaviour, there is something wrong with the sequence Ctrl-Space.

I made one additional test and noticed that Opt-Space doesn't work either

That's kind of odd. I wonder if the those hotkeys are clashing with something else on the remote machine.