List Filter Default

I'm trying to create a menu of sorts where I can select which system to open to add the task I'm entering. There are three choices, Outlook, Omnifocus, and something new I'm trying.

I'm using a list filter to do this, and all works fine. However, I'd like to add an option where one of the three is the default if none are selected. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind it if it was mandatory that one of the three are selected but I can't seem to figure this out. 

23 hours ago, deanishe said:

Hi @john wilson, welcome to the forum.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking: one result is always selected. Could it be that you have "Argument Required" selected instead of "Argument Optional"?

list-filter-argument.png.f4f69a4787066e01175059cd19882487.png

Thanks for the help @deanishe. I think what I've realized is the list filter does not pass through any text that is not in the list. I've worked this out with some different logic. 

I presume a script filter would allow for passing this along as I'd like and will look more into this.

3 hours ago, john wilson said:

I presume a script filter would allow for passing this along as I'd like and will look more into this

Yes. Or just a regular Keyword. But you're right that a List Filter won't allow you to pass any argument that isn't in the list.

If you want to show the user a list of options, but also allow them to enter text that isn't in the list, a Script Filter is exactly what you want. It will require coding, however, and you'll have to do your own filtering.