Website QuickLook not scrollable

Hello everybody,

Some weeks ago, Duden.de introduced a really nasty cookie consent popup that blocks you from scrolling the site unless you consent. A non-issue in a full browser like Safari, but unfortunately it seems to break the QuickLook via Alfred: The page isn't scrollable anymore (it worked before). And because said popup doesn't appear in the QuickLook at all, I can't even try to consent and set the according cookie (perhaps it's using the Safari cookie after all and something else broke? I have no other Mac to verify this theory).

E: It just occurred to me I could purge the cookies to verify the theory. The popup now appears again in Safari, but still not in the QuickLook. So I'm convinced the popup is the culprit that blocks the scrolling.

I know it's a very specific issue but I search on Duden.de a dozen times a day so the time loss (open the website in Safari by pressing Enter, close tab, back to the application I was working in) adds up. So I was hoping somebody with more knowledge could perhaps check it out and lend me a hand.

How to reproduce:

1. https://github.com/deanishe/alfred-duden

2. Enter "duden test" into the Alfred search bar

3. Press Shift to open QuickLook of the webpage

Solution (thanks to deanishe for the hint below): Block dialogue.sp-prod.net in your PiHole/similar solution. Works flawless after doing that!

Thank you very much.

Edited by Vuze

It's just a cookie consent popup and it disappears once consent is given. Might be country dependent or something, but if you're currently located in Essen, you should probably see it unless you've given consent. My systems are routed through PiHole and I use AdGuard for Safari (I should probably try disabling both though, perhaps it helps).

E: Nope, unfortunately not (apart form ads appearing on the site).

https://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2020-04s9jee.png

Edited by Vuze

Huh. Yes, I am located in Essen, and I'm also using AdGuard Home (the Pi-Hole-like DNS blocking version). I wonder why I'm not seeing the popup…

I've just checked, and Safari has no saved cookies from duden.de.

FWIW, my AdGuard Home is blocking dialogue.sp-prod.net, www.googletagmanager.com and www.google-analytics.com. Perhaps adding them to your Pi-Hole will kill the popup.

Edited by deanishe