Most Recent Download

I want a workflow that (via hotkey) brings up the most recent file in ~/Downloads/ with the file action viewer in Alfred 4.  The closest I can come is the following.  A Hotkey trigger that passes through to the workflow the text "*".  That connects to a File Filter input to get a list of files with scope ~/Downloads sorted by Last Modified Date, the smallest Result Limit choice is 10.   Then I connect that to the new Action in Alfred action.  When I run that I get an Alfred window with the input of * showing the 10 most recent files and I just hit Return to get to the file actions. 

That's functional but a little clunky.  I'd like to not see the * (or even need to pass it) and just send one file to the Action in Alfred action.  I think ideally the File Filter would allow a limit of 1.  Or there would be some utility object I could put between the File Filter and the Action in Alfred to filter the 10 down to the first object, but I couldn't find one.

I know about the old workflow Recent Downloads but I'm curious if this can now be done directly in Alfred's Workflow editor without the need for a script. 

Edited by hmelman
1 hour ago, hmelman said:

I'm curious if this can now be done directly in Alfred's Workflow editor without the need for a script.

If it could, Vítor probably wouldn't still be updating his "old" workflow.

File Filters won't show any results without a query. So you can’t make the * go away if you want to use a File Filter.

Your choices are "clunky" or script, I'm afraid…