Hotkey override for Terminal (Meta+X)

Hi,

Thank you for the beautiful app!

I am trying to create a workflow and add a hotkey to only work in Terminal. I need to hit Meta+X to trigger Ctrl+X in Terminal only (for example to exit nano, like in Linux). I know how to achieve it and how to limit it to particular app and how to re-assign it. The problem is, that Alfred beeps, when I hit Meta+X and doesn't let me to assign initial hotkey. I assume Alfred thinks it's a system wide shortcut and forbids it? The trick is, as it appears, that I can edit the workflow's info.plist file manually by changing previously created Shift+Meta+X and its <integer>1179648</integer> to <integer>1048576</integer> (which matches Meta+X), saving the file, and then it works as expected.

Question: Is there a need to limit things around like this, if it's still possible to make it work (thank goodness) by manual manipulations? I wold prefer not to edit config manually and make it work directly from the UI. Is this possible to disable such check on Alfred's side?

2 hours ago, Ilia said:

The problem is, that Alfred beeps, when I hit Meta+X and doesn't let me to assign initial hotkey. I assume Alfred thinks it's a system wide shortcut and forbids it?

Possibly. If you mean the Command key (macOS doesn't have a Meta key), then yes, I believe Alfred won't let you use ⌘X because that's the global standard hotkey for "Cut".

2 hours ago, Ilia said:

Is this possible to disable such check on Alfred's side?

Doubtful. It's a big foot-gun. Alfred tries hard to avoid foot-guns.

Edited by deanishe