Replace Utility w. Multiple File Names?

Is there a way to sequentially feed different file names through Alfred’s replace utilities and then apply them to the appropriate files at the end?

By way of background, I have a workflow that I’ve been using religiously for a few years which takes a file name and then feeds it through numerous replace utilities to help me name the research-related articles on my computer in a consistent manner (mostly pdfs). As you might imagine, each individual replace utility is specific to a particular source or naming convention from my field (fixing commas, odd characters, capitalization issues based on where I download them from, etc.). The workflow is a real lifesaver, as it’s helped me take control of my research in ways that I just hadn’t done a good job with prior to using Alfred.

My central problem with the workflow is that it only works with one file name at a time. In short, the workflow either grabs the name of selected file from Finder, DEVONthink or a File Action, then it pushes the name through a series of replace utilities, and finally it applies the cleaned up name to the selected file once its done (depending on its source - Finder/DEVONthink/File Action).

Since I imagine that others are transforming text in a similar fashion with Alfred’s replace utilities, I was wondering if anyone might know how to best approach redesigning my workflow to operate with more than one file name at a time? Is there a way to match the original and new (post-cleanup) file names so that I can apply them to the correct files? Does anyone know of another workflow that uses a similar technique or that might help me better understand how to approach this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend! I really appreciate it.