Pandoc-Suite for Academic Writing in Markdown

What is does
This Alfred workflow enables academic citing and publishing with any markdown app like iA Writer, Ulysses, or Scrivener. It does so by offering a Zotero Citation Picker for Pandoc Markdown Citations and by automatically converting Markdown files into `.docx`, `.pdf`, or `.html `with the proper bibliography. 

This workflow is made for academics like me who neither like Word nor LaTeX. As the name suggests, this workflow is basically a user-friendly interface for Pandoc, allowing you to make use of Pandoc's vast capabilities without ever needing to open the Terminal.

Demo Image

Download
➡️ Latest Release on GitHub

Usage & Installation Guide
➡️ Complete Information on Usage, Installation, & Initial Setup

Edited by armenaton
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to say how unbelievably happy this tool existing has made me.  I am an undergrad neuroscience student and recently lost so much data from my personal Microsoft account getting locked after a data breach and was completely sick of working in word on top of that, but I needed to in order to get the functionality of Zotero.  Also some of my profs require word files for submission so I felt trapped, when I preferred writing and drafting in ia Writer but would eventually have to move things back over for submission.  I cannot explain how perfectly this workflow solved all my problems at once. I would still have found this invaluable if it just took care of keeping track of in-text citations, that way I would only deal with word for formatting but this goes above and beyond. 

Thank you so much for making this, it truly bridged a gap between where I wanted to write and where I needed to write in order to have certain functions!