Alfred 2 does not find my files anymore!

the command "open" or space bar does not work since I installed v2. Finding Apps is no problems, I checked the settings, rebuild the spotlight index (hours!), as suggested in the FAQ section, but nothing seems to do the trick.  It was working with V1, it does work on my laptop with V2...

the command "open" or space bar does not work since I installed v2. Finding Apps is no problems, I checked the settings, rebuild the spotlight index (hours!), as suggested in the FAQ section, but nothing seems to do the trick.  It was working with V1, it does work on my laptop with V2...

I'm sure it's something simple, so if you can answer the few questions below, I'll help you out :)

• First, what files or file types you are searching for? You may just need to include the file types to your search.
  • Secondly, are the files you're looking for in your search scope in the Default Results preferences?
  • And thirdly, can Spotlight find the particular files you are searching for?

Thank you for your reply.

My answers are...

1) mostly XL files. I don't remember that I had to include all file types with version 1???

2) Files I'm looking for are in the home folder and the "include home folder option is ticked in my prefs. I tried to add the folder manually but this does not change anything...

3) Yes spotlight find everything...

okay, sorry, found the problem, the files I was testing were in the users/share folder! and this folder was not in the search scope.. although I don't remember having manually added it in vs 1...

As you said, smthing simple!

Thank you for your GREAT program (I hate mice and trackpads... :) )

okay, sorry, found the problem, the files I was testing were in the users/share folder! and this folder was not in the search scope.. although I don't remember having manually added it in vs 1...

As you said, smthing simple!

Thank you for your GREAT program (I hate mice and trackpads... :) )

Love it when a problem resolves itself ;) Glad you're all sorted!