In App Search

I am new to Alfred and this forum.

I am trying to write a Workflow to search a keyword in the app DeskApp for YouTube.

I want the workflow to search using the DeskApp for YouTube application rather than the the YouTube website on Safari. I am lost. Can't figure it out.

I think that you need the URI for the App but to be honest I don't know what this is, or where to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by DeltaForce

Hi @DeltaForce, welcome to the forum.

6 hours ago, DeltaForce said:

I think that you need the URI for the App but to be honest I don't know what this is, or where to find it.

You do. Or the application API. Point is, you first need to find out how to make the app do what you want (and if it's at all possible) before thinking about how to integrate it with Alfred.

Generally, the app developer's website is the best place for that, but there's no information :(

If there's no API or URI scheme, your only option is to fire simulated keypresses at the application to activate its own search bar. If ⌘F works in your app, this workflow might be able to search the app. Otherwise, it might provide you with a starting point you can adapt to work with your app.