Jump to content

Select top folder when Finder window is in focus and no items in Finder are selected (Universal Actions)


Recommended Posts

Currently it's only possible to launch Actions when an item in Finder is selected. It would be nice if the folder which is shown in Finder itself could also be used for Universal Actions. This only makes sense when no items are selected in the Finder window.

 

I want to create an action to create a new text file in Finder. Universal Actions seem a nice way to accomplish this. The problem is, that I have to move one level up in Finder to select the folder for this action. It would be nice if Alfred could recongnise which folder is currently shown in Finder (while no items are selected of course) and then use that folder for the action.

 

I hope this explanation makes sense. If not I can try to explain it in another way.

Edited by Milo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Milo said:

Currently it's only possible to launch Actions when an item in Finder is selected. It would be nice if the folder which is shown in Finder itself could also be used for Universal Actions. This only makes sense when no items are selected in the Finder window.

+1 for this :)

 

38 minutes ago, Milo said:

I want to create an action to create a new text file in Finder.

In the meantime you can use the following workflow: http://ianisted.co.uk/new-finder-file-alfred-2

Its pretty old, but whenever you’re in a folder you can just open alfred and call the workflow to create

a new text file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FroZen_X said:

In the meantime you can use the following workflow: http://ianisted.co.uk/new-finder-file-alfred-2

Its pretty old, but whenever you’re in a folder you can just open alfred and call the workflow to create

a new text file.

 

Thank you for the suggestion! This is exactly what I need and it works as expected.

 

I think the folder detection if no items are selected in Finder is still useful. As far as I can tell the workflow achieves this by interrogating Finder through Apple Script as a workaround.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...