How can I make paste an image from alfred?

I use a workflow that allows me to look at my recent screenshots. I want to be able to universally make it so when I hold down the option key I'm able to paste the image directly from Alfred. Ideally this would apply for all images across Alfred simply by holding down the modifier and hitting enter. I could also set up a file action but this would be slower and ideally I wouldn't have to do this. But if I end up needing to do this, do I have to make my own file action that will paste the image? I don't see an option to simply "Paste" from Alfred.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:22 PM, Undertaker01 said:

I use a workflow that allows me to look at my recent screenshots. I want to be able to universally make it so when I hold down the option key I'm able to paste the image directly from Alfred.

You need to share it for us to be able to help. In practice what does it mean that your Workflow lets you look at your recent screenshots? It’s a big difference it they are saved as files or to the clipboard.

Ideally this would apply for all images across Alfred simply by holding down the modifier and hitting enter.

That would mean Workflows would be able to supplant Alfred features, which isn’t a good idea and would lead to bug reports to Alfred which could not be fixed by the team.

do I have to make my own file action that will paste the image?

Again, it depends on how your Workflow is implemented.

I don't see an option to simply "Paste" from Alfred.

It’s the Copy to Clipboard Output, or use a Dispatch Key Combo Output with ⌘V.