Trigger on App Activity

Is there any way to trigger a workflow based on an application opening?  I currently have some iOS automations setup with NFC stickers to change a light outside my office door to indicate I'm in a meeting, but the Mac Shortcuts doesn't have automations.  I'd love to be able to set it up to run a shortcut or perform certain actions when Zoom or other video conference software is opened.

4 hours ago, jericon said:

Is there any way to trigger a workflow based on an application opening?

By design, Alfred has to be explicitly called. But you can set up a Workflow to open the application and run your automation, which leads to the same result. Unless you’re not the one triggering the application to open, in which case more details are needed regarding your setup.

10 hours ago, vitor said:

By design, Alfred has to be explicitly called. But you can set up a Workflow to open the application and run your automation, which leads to the same result. Unless you’re not the one triggering the application to open, in which case more details are needed regarding your setup.

Typically, I'm opening it via an outlook notification that just has a button for "Join meeting".