Trouble embedding images hosted with Droplr

I was pretty happy when I discovered that you could embed images hosted on Droplr by appending a "+" to the image URL, but I ran into trouble when I tried to post something on these forums. This thread gave me the solution (append "+.png", for posterity), but I feel that things would be a bit simpler if either the forums allowed images without file types in the URL to be embedded, or if a sticky was updated to include that tip.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I'm sure someone will set me straight if it's not :-)

I was pretty happy when I discovered that you could embed images hosted on Droplr by appending a "+" to the image URL, but I ran into trouble when I tried to post something on these forums. This thread gave me the solution (append "+.png", for posterity), but I feel that things would be a bit simpler if either the forums allowed images without file types in the URL to be embedded, or if a sticky was updated to include that tip.

I'm not entirely sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but I'm sure someone will set me straight if it's not :-)

I don’t know if there is any special reason for that but I’d like to see images without the file types in the URL. Bitly links don’t work either and I think they don’t have a workaround such as “+.png”.

I haven't confirmed this but, with images from Droplr, are you attempting to use a short link that was provided to the image or are you providing a link directly to the image? The reason I ask is, if you are using the short link, then that actually opens an html page with the image displayed in there. It isn't a link to the actual image. That makes a difference because, when attempting to put an image in a post, its looking to receive a response from the remote server that has an http header that has a content-type value set to something representing an image, not an html page.

I haven't confirmed this but, with images from Droplr, are you attempting to use a short link that was provided to the image or are you providing a link directly to the image? The reason I ask is, if you are using the short link, then that actually opens an html page with the image displayed in there. It isn't a link to the actual image. That makes a difference because, when attempting to put an image in a post, its looking to receive a response from the remote server that has an http header that has a content-type value set to something representing an image, not an html page.

Link to the actual image. While writing a post the image is even displayed but when we hit Post then a warning is displayed regarding the image extension.

Like Carlos said, it doesn't work either way. Also, the URLs for direct Droplr links to images seem to suggest that they'll expire at some point, but I haven't looked into that.

http://d1zjcuqflbd5k.cloudfront.net/files/acc_130049/qaOY?response-content-disposition=inline;%20filename=Restart%20Alfred%20-%20Screenshot.png;%20filename*=UTF-8%27%27Restart%20Alfred%20-%20Screenshot.png&Expires=1365401442&Signature=gawqEDxkAyQzr98RkBNntkVqmLNWKlAdi2Z6d-5BjJjmkrSvE0juIhWQ~6UMqRytSnn3Fe-VVieDz7yy48YkezWQIHdYTE2uib1U1J2mkOPSMN87xYIy0jgaofszrz59oBQyHWwfqWpY8IsM6KffM5EJnUr0MET7RWSZ8X6mIqA_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJTEIOJM3LSMN33SA