Chrome Not Opening Links From Custom Workflows

Hey team,

I created some custom workflows that used the "open link" action from the GUI but now when I turn my mac on and I open the workflow before doing anything else chrome doesn't open the links.

I tried adding an action step to open the chrome application first but this didn't solve the issue.

The only way I can get it to work is to click the chrome icon in my taskbar so that the "choose profile" page comes up and then when I run the workflow it opens the links in chrome.

Is there a way to solve this? I tried updating alfred but this didn't solve the issue.

I'm on Alfred 5.0.2.

If you need to see any more information please let me know what, I'm a bit of a noob, I attached a copy of the beginning of the workflow.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 17.56.22.png

When you ask Alfred to open a URL without specifying an app, all it does is tell macOS “hey, open this” and macOS will then find the appropriate app (in the case of HTTP(S) links, the default web browser) and tell that app “hey, open this”.

From your description, it sounds like the step is failing after it has left Alfred, so that’s where you have to figure out what is going on and fix it. As a quick test, open a terminal and run open "https://example.com" (or any other URL). You should see the same behaviour you’re experiencing with the Workflow.

If it doesn’t, please report back but include the debugger’s output and the Workflow itself (can’t say what may be wrongly setup from just a screenshot; transfer.sh is good temporary storage).

Thanks Vitor! I tried opening a link in terminal and this was the error message I got.

MacBook-Pro-2:~ x$ open "https://apple.com"

The application cannot be opened for an unexpected reason, error=Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-10673 "(null)" UserInfo={_LSLine=3863, _LSFunction=_LSOpenStuffCallLocal}