List Filter no longer launching?

Hi there!

Been a long time Alfred user, and never had issues until today!

Today, even after a computer restart, I noticed that my workflows using a List Filter action are no longer working.

I'm using an:

1. Input > keyword

2. Input > keyword

3. Args & Vars

4. List filter

5. etc

Screenshot with debugger: https://cdn.zappy.app/56c1cb7b67cea2fe3afc8175ffcb6303.png

Only when I remove the args & vars step and I sent text, then remove it from the next search bar entry, it will show the list filter. I've not seen this issue once before.

This workflow is basically launching when I launch Alfred, type in the keyword to launch this workflow, then asks for the title of a todo, and then asks whether I want to include a note. The latter is the list filter action, and I'm no longer seeing that.

If it helps: macOS 12.6 and MBP 14" 2021.

Is this because of a recently changed list filter logic change? Or am I using List Filter wrongly, even though it's been working for the last 3 years without any changes made to it?

Thanks!

Edited by leowoods
  • leowoods changed the title to List Filter no longer launching?

While I have never had to use this before, it seems this is solving the issue:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/utilities/hide-alfred/

Very strange as I never had to this, and now I need to change a LOT of workflows. Not a great experience to be honest...

Is there any reason why this was not required for all these years, and now it does?

Edited by leowoods

@leowoods double click on the circle on the connection leading out of the previous keyword, and change the option to not hide Alfred. The circle will then change to a square.

image.png

Alfred can only automatically determine whether to keep the window open if it directly follows another input object. The Arg / Var object you highlight means you have to manually set this option to get predictable behaviour. It's best practice to always set this flag where this is the intended behaviour.

Cheers,

Andrew