Clipboard History display incorrect image size

* What you were doing when the issue happened
  - bring up clipboard history after taking a screenshot to pasteboard with command + control + shift + 3/4
* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action
  - yes
* Include any screenshots that might help us
  1. clipboard history display screenshot with unreasonable image size
image.thumb.jpeg.a9ea4209c553be38386e81775cbf010e.jpeg
  2. reasonable image size displayed in terminal if save screenshot from clipboard to file with pngpaste
      image.jpeg.8a2d2bf6bcd6eaf91a28e38c8d364590.jpeg

3. reasonable screenshot size displayed in Finder if take screenshot and save to a file with `command + shift + 3/4`

image.thumb.png.83e06fab6b2810b8ff32a552146d1eea.png
* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using (don't say "latest" - you'll find a version number in the Update tab of Alfred's preferences)
  - 5.0.3 2087
* Include your macOS version
  - 13.0 (22A380)
Edited by dan_999
reorder screenshots for better logic

When copying an image to the clipboard, Alfred uses the raw / tiff representation, regardless of the source (i.e. selecting a part of an image in Preview and using ⌘C, or using the macOS Screenshot tool to copy the image to the clipboard).

This is different to what the macOS Screenshot tool will write to disk when saving a screenshot, which will be a png.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

When copying an image to the clipboard, Alfred uses the raw / tiff representation, regardless of the source (i.e. selecting a part of an image in Preview and using ⌘C, or using the macOS Screenshot tool to copy the image to the clipboard).

This is different to what the macOS Screenshot tool will write to disk when saving a screenshot, which will be a png.

Humm, thanks for the explanation. Good to know. I did try to send a screenshot from Alfred clipboard history in Messenger and drag it out to a finder folder, it was indeed tiff format and quite big. I guess it's somewhat annoying that images saved in clipboard history have to be so big...

Edited by dan_999