Workflow to open/reveal in finder

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

While working I name new files on a sequential way. I check in a specific folder to see the last one used, and proceed to name the file I'm working with the next in line (ej, Invoice 921, Invoice 922).

I made a simple workflow to open file from a the template: File filter from a hotkey...

Problem is, that in this way what I get is a filter. I would love to have a way to access a folder with a hotkey. I used to do this on v1.

Sorry if my request is too dumb. I'm no programmer.

Thanks!

Federico

Hi, I hope someone can help me.

While working I name new files on a sequential way. I check in a specific folder to see the last one used, and proceed to name the file I'm working with the next in line (ej, Invoice 921, Invoice 922).

I made a simple workflow to open file from a the template: File filter from a hotkey...

Problem is, that in this way what I get is a filter. I would love to have a way to access a folder with a hotkey. I used to do this on v1.

Sorry if my request is too dumb. I'm no programmer.

Thanks!

Federico

Is this what your looking for?

12704098.png

Here is how to access it.

Screen-Shot-2013-04-16-at-2.27.11-AM.png

Is this what your looking for?

12704098.png

Here is how to access it.

Screen-Shot-2013-04-16-at-2.27.11-AM.png

Hi, thank you so much for your answer.

What you post it is not what I'm looking for, that opens a path from a selected text.

What I want is to press a hotkey, and that alfred will show a folder and navigate with keys see its contents.

In other words, like in v1 that used to have Path and Url.

Thanks!

Hi, thank you so much for your answer.

What you post it is not what I'm looking for, that opens a path from a selected text.

What I want is to press a hotkey, and that alfred will show a folder and navigate with keys see its contents.

In other words, like in v1 that used to have Path and Url.

Thanks!

You want to browse your directory right? In Alfred you can do this by navigating with the arrow keys. 

Exactly!, But I would love to start the navigation from a specific path, not from the home or the HD. Do you know how to make a hot key to navigate from specific folder?

Thanks!

The template can do that though, with a hotkey. I guess im an idiot, I don't see what the difference is in what you requested.

The template can do that though, with a hotkey. I guess im an idiot, I don't see what the difference is in what you requested.

Hey! 

My bad if I did not explained my self better.

Here's what I mean:

On the Template you refer, we must first have a typed path on any app, then, if i select it, then it will send alfred and show that file path on alfred. Then I can navigate in it.

What I what is different:

I want to press a hot key and directly take me to a folder I constantly check. Skipping the typing or selecting a path from an app.

I could be mistaken, and not how to properly use it. By I've tried many, many ways and still no luck! all I could do was to s file filter, but this will not show in the way they are arranged in the finder. 

Thanks!

Hey! 

My bad if I did not explained my self better.

Here's what I mean:

On the Template you refer, we must first have a typed path on any app, then, if i select it, then it will send alfred and show that file path on alfred. Then I can navigate in it.

What I what is different:

I want to press a hot key and directly take me to a folder I constantly check. Skipping the typing or selecting a path from an app.

I could be mistaken, and not how to properly use it. By I've tried many, many ways and still no luck! all I could do was to s file filter, but this will not show in the way they are arranged in the finder. 

Thanks!

You want to reveal the path In finder? It can be done. I will try later.

Awesome!

Thanks for so much help.

I must ask: Where do I put the path? (Sorry if my question is too elemental, I just really want to get this right).

If you double click the hotkey, a dialog window comes up, then type into the text field at the bottom of the window.

Glad I finally understood, It was stupid of me to not improvise here.

Edited by Ddyracer

If you double click the hotkey, a dialog window comes up, then type into the text field at the bottom of the window.

Glad I finally understood, It was stupid of me to not improvise here.

Finally!

Awesome, awesome! Thank you so much!. I changed the Argument to "Text" and typed the folder path. 

Very glad you helped me!!