How can I execute an external workflow with a passed argument without Alfred displaying the search window?

What I would like to achieve:

I want to run workflow (NightShift) with "night 25" passed to it from another workflow so that I will have 25% of night shift levels without typing "night 25" on alfred search bar window.

What I did:

I set inbound configuration in the NightShift's script filter with 25 as argument:

image.thumb.jpeg.540e422e3f60d30f1084b925861bed12.jpeg

I set Call External in another workflow:

image.thumb.jpeg.f34d61d57f5e5d859aa16db6422810e8.jpeg

However, it just doesn’t pass itself but rather shows in alfred search bar window:

image.thumb.jpeg.e4e8e8e12c64d80406f98f0bfa03e2aa.jpeg

Any idea how I can avoid alfred displaying the search bar window and just pass "night 25"?

Edited by selfmade69
correction
  • selfmade69 changed the title to How can I execute an external workflow with a passed argument without Alfred displaying the search window?

It’s impossible to say exactly what you need to change without knowing which workflow you’re using (do you have a link?), but you need to connect externally to the Run Script, not the Script Filter. The Script Filter is what shows the options and you’re connecting to that, when you want to connect to what makes the changes. Probably; again, only looking at it can we say for sure.

29 minutes ago, vitor said:

It’s impossible to say exactly what you need to change without knowing which workflow you’re using (do you have a link?), but you need to connect externally to the Run Script, not the Script Filter. The Script Filter is what shows the options and you’re connecting to that, when you want to connect to what makes the changes. Probably; again, only looking at it can we say for sure.

I am about this workflow https://www.packal.org/workflow/nightshift

However I think the main thing is that I want to pass the command "night 25" from another workflow on it so that Nightshift workflow will do whats necessary.

Edited by selfmade69
3 minutes ago, selfmade69 said:

I want to pass the argument from another workflow on it with "night 25"

That would still invoke the Script Filter, which you’re trying to avoid.

Took a quick look at the code and it seems the comment above holds. Essentially you set it up correctly but on the wrong object. Set up the Inbound Configuration (or connect an External Trigger) on the Run Script instead.

14 hours ago, vitor said:

That would still invoke the Script Filter, which you’re trying to avoid.

Took a quick look at the code and it seems the comment above holds. Essentially you set it up correctly but on the wrong object. Set up the Inbound Configuration (or connect an External Trigger) on the Run Script instead.

Not sure why but it worked!

I set Inbound Config on the bash Run Script which is:

image.thumb.jpeg.3d1d54145af3ca6a202a16551511bb6d.jpeg

I also had to disconnect it from the trigger as it got other commands running as the same, I then made a copy of it and connect it to the Script filter.

image.jpeg.da1d7fa995145caf7a98e39df6f41829.jpeg

Could you please explain how come the Call External still works when the Run Script isn't even connected to the script filter, where the code actually is:

image.thumb.jpeg.9c234435d113b558971174c7af28f622.jpeg

Edited by selfmade69
details
1 hour ago, selfmade69 said:

I also had to disconnect it from the trigger

You don’t have to do that.

1 hour ago, selfmade69 said:

Could you please explain how come the Call External still works when the Run Script isn't even connected to the script filter

The Script Filter isn’t running code to change the Night Shift value, it’s only there to present an interface for you to insert a value. That value is then passed to the Run Script, which is making the change.

On 6/17/2023 at 3:56 PM, vitor said:

You don’t have to do that.

The Script Filter isn’t running code to change the Night Shift value, it’s only there to present an interface for you to insert a value. That value is then passed to the Run Script, which is making the change.

Welp! It boggles my mind how come this tiny part of code could tell night mode to send the command successfully:

./nshift "25"

Edited by selfmade69