The "Folders in Home - Excluding ~/Library" setting doesn't actually exclude results from the "~/Library" folder

Hello,

The "[x] Folders in Home - Excluding ~/Library" checkbox under "Features > Default Results" doesn't actually exclude results from the "~/Library" folder.

Maybe the usage of the "alfred:ignore" tags, set by https://alfred.app/workflows/alfredapp/ignore-in-alfred/ universal action no longer works.

Alfred version: Alfred 5.1.2 Build 2145, Wednesday 2nd August 2023

OS version: macOS Ventura 13.5.1

P.S.

This might have worked correctly on macOS Mojave 10.14.6, which I had installed before upgrading to the macOS Ventura 13.5.1.

Thank you.

Edited by aik099

The two points are orthogonal, they do not relate to each other. If you have something specific with the alfred:ignore tags, please expand on it as currently I’m not sure what you mean.

As for the first point, what does your Search Scope look like? If the custom field includes a parent of ~/Library, it will show up regardless of the checkbox.

My apologies for the confusion.

2 hours ago, vitor said:

As for the first point, what does your Search Scope look like? If the custom field includes a parent of ~/Library, it will show up regardless of the checkbox.

The search scope is the one generated by "Reset... > Reset to Applications and Home":

image.png.00eb46b94452c15326eb8e8c1e00c1e8.png

I thought it was odd to see "~" in the search scope and still need to check "Folders in Home" to exclude "~/Library" from the search.

Removing "~" from the search scope fixed my use case. Thank you.

2 hours ago, vitor said:

The two points are orthogonal, they do not relate to each other. If you have something specific with the alfred:ignore tags, please expand on it as currently I’m not sure what you mean.

Since I had no idea why I was still seeing results from the "~/Library" I Googled and found, that adding the "alfred:ignore" tag to a folder/file would exclude it from the search scope. That had no effect on the "~/Library" folder but was working for other folders/files.