Old Mac Died But Have Time Machine BU

Eno

My old Mac was on Monterey but my new Mac is on Ventura. Is there a way I can get to the files needed to bring all my Alfred data across to the new Mac without doing a whole Time Machine Restore thing? 

How would I go about this?

Assuming you know how to recover a file from a Time Machine backup you'll need to be looking for your Alfred preferences file which you'll probably find in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Alfred/. (I'm assuming you were not synchronising your preferences between Macs previously.) You need to recover that old file and (after quitting Alfred) put it in place of the existing one on your new Mac (which will obviously overwrite any existing preferences and workflows on your new Mac, so be careful!).

Stephen

Thanks Stephen. I started to go through the process of recovering and was faced with some options and chose the files and applications option only. Would that be heading in the right direction and do you know what happens when that option is chosen? Does it give me the option of choosing which file to restore?

7 minutes ago, Eno said:

Would that be heading in the right direction and do you know what happens when that option is chosen? Does it give me the option of choosing which file to restore?

It's a very long time since I've restored from a Time Machine backup but there's no harm in following that route. If you don't like where it takes you don't do anything! However, I think you'll find it should work. It may try to restore the file to the original location—which may or may not work with the upgraded OS. However, I think you can simply copy the file (once you've found it) and then paste it to your desktop if you want to take it in stages.

Stephen