Snippet auto-fills automatically enter a carriage return?

arijon

Hi, I've been using Alfred for a long time for macOS system commands, but only recently realized that snippets are a feature in Alfred. Everything seems to be working fairly well, however I noticed that when I enter the snippets it sometimes automatically drops down a line before pasting the snippet in...so I need to go back and delete the carriage return in order to resume my email. I have tried stripping away the formatting in the text but that doesn't seem to help.  It happens randomly, even sometimes in the same email. I'm including a couple of looms.

Please advise?

Thanks.

Edited by Vero
Removed videos as personal email address was visible

@arijon First, apologies, I've edited your post to remove the links for your own privacy.

Does this only happen in Polymail? If you use TextEdit, what behaviour do you see? This is a native, basic macOS app and the best place to test any snippet and clipboard behaviour.

It's likely that you'll need to contact Polymail and discuss this with them, as they'll be able to give you more details on whether they're manipulating the clipboard content resulting in changing behaviour in different scenarios.