Where to install pyperclip to run in Alfred?

First off, I apologize I have no idea what I'm doing.

I successfully wrote a pretty simple python script that uses pyperclip. When I run it through Alfred's python3 it says "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pyperclip'"

I read elsewhere on these forums that it matters where pyperclip is installed so I have tried to use --target to put it in the proper place but no where I try seems to work. 

Currently when I use pip show pyperclip the location is -- /opt/homebrew/lib/python3.11/site-packages. 

Can someone ELI5 this whole situation?

To include a Python package with the workflow, use the --target option to set it somewhere inside the workflow’s folder and set PYTHONPATH to that path. For portability make it a relative path, not an absolute one (workflows start running from their own directory). StackOverflow has other options and examples. Make sure to install with /usr/bin/python3 so packages are built with the system python.

See also Understanding the Scripting Environment.

You know how sometimes you have to read the same thing multiple times to get it? I wasn't understanding PYTHONPATH

For anyone in the future reading this who is as dumb as me:

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner

Choose "Environment Variables" at the top

Click the + Button in the lower right

NAME = PYTHONPATH

VALUE = (the path to your python)

My current path would not work for anyone else, or on any other computer. But because this workflow is so specific to what I'm trying to do for myself, I don't plan on publishing it...

As you noted that would not work on other machines, so it is not the described solution. You either set it in your script on or the Run Script where you’re calling the Python script from, with export PYTHONPATH='path_here', replacing path_here with the relative path. You don’t touch the Workflow Environment Variables section at all.

This is why it is recommended to always share a barebones version of your workflow when asking for help. I can’t really guide you more specifically because I can’t see what specifically you have done.