Restoring from Time Machine Backup without migrating

I recently had my MacBook Pro (with an Alfred setup that I’d spent several years refining) fail on me and I couldn’t get past the loading screen. Fortunately, everything was backed up to a Time Machine backup. I had to wipe the computer and restore from backup. That seemed to work fine, but a few days later the same freezing issue came back. So I had to buy a new MacBook and unfortunately Apple advised me not to migrate from the Time Machine backup in case there was something corrupted that was causing the problem.

So I started afresh and only transferred  the files that I absolutely needed over. This meant I started with a new installation of Alfred. I’ve been trying to find a way to restore my old Alfred setup (ideally everything) from my Time Machine backup to my new MacBook. I’ve tried transferring over the preferences file from the Application Support folder, but that hasn’t worked. I’m probably doing something wrong, but I’m wondering if someone could provide some step by step instructions. Thanks in advance.

@porcupine945 Welcome to the forum :)

First, you'll need to manually activate your Powerpack license, so let me know if you need your license reissued by email.

The file you're looking for is your Alfred.alfredpreferences bundle, which can be in one of two locations:

1. In your Application Support folder: ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/
  2. In your sync folder, if you were previously syncing, which could be in iCloud, Dropbox, etc...

Once you've recovered the bundle from your backup, put the whole bundle in the same location, then check that your sync folder is set to point to it in Alfred's Advanced preferences.

Let me know how you get on :)