Mount and Unmount encrypted disks integrated with 1password

I've developed a small workflow to help me manage the mounting and unmounting of my encrypted APFS volumes (disks).

When I created each of these encrypted volumes, I used 1password to generate and STORE the password for each drive.  My workflow is designed to identify which disks are on the system and either mount or unmount them as you choose.

An important part of this is making Alfred look up the password inside of 1password and then feed it into the command to unlock the encrypted drive and mount it.  The thing that makes this work is, I added a 1password TAG to each entry with the name of the drive (volume).  So a drive named 3TBWD will have a tag called "3TBWD".  That 1pass entry will have the password for that drive.

The 1pass CLI must be installed to make this integration work.

I've only had this workflow working for a short time, but it seems pretty good.  I don't think it's in publishable form at the moment.  I'm sure I've done some beginner things incorrectly.  I also suspect very few people are interested in this.  I just built it for me.  Attached are a couple of screen shots.

Brian.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 3.19.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 3.19.38 PM.png

Did you mean to have a link for other people to download and try the workflow?

Quick tip on the screenshots: macOS can take screenshots of individual windows, preserving their shadow against a transparent background. Press ⌘⇧4 and your cursor will turn into a crosshair. Now press space and it will change into a camera icon. Move it over a window and it will get a blue overlay. Click to take the screenshot.

I guess I'm not being much of a good Alfred citizen.  I didn't link to a workflow because I'm not sure it's very good.

Thanks for the screenshot technique.  I've been using screenshot on Mac for quite a while, but I didn't know that spacebar would change it to take a full window and use transparency.  Neat!

Thanks,

Brian.