• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. 

The workflow (PubChem2.alfredworkflow) doesn't seem to work. I successfully installed it, but when I try to use it, after using the keyword and start writing a compound, I get a “Please wait, retrieving data…” message. It quickly disappears, and Alfred just show instead its own default search options (so, it looks like “Search Google for 'pc xxx'", being “pc” the default keyword and “xxx” whatever compound I try to look for). I'm using Alfred 5.5, and all of my other workflows (including many with an autocompletion feature) work just fine.

Hi Gerave,

It seems that the issue stems from the absence of a 'jq' installation. I apologize for not mentioning that 'jq' is a prerequisite. In my setup, it was installed via Homebrew (or a Homebrew Formula), which I overlooked.

Could you check if 'jq' is installed? Just type 'which jq' in a terminal window. If it's there, then please take a look at the debug output of Alfred.

On 3/29/2024 at 11:44 PM, protonymus said:

Hi Gerave,

It seems that the issue stems from the absence of a 'jq' installation. I apologize for not mentioning that 'jq' is a prerequisite. In my setup, it was installed via Homebrew (or a Homebrew Formula), which I overlooked.

Could you check if 'jq' is installed? Just type 'which jq' in a terminal window. If it's there, then please take a look at the debug output of Alfred.

Installing jq solved the issue, thanks!