Add option to set the cursor in the beginning of the text in "Use in Alfred"

Currently, when selecting text and trigger Universal Actions, the cursor is in the end of the text. Usually, the selected text is used for query, so we have to move cursor to the beginning of the text and type the command. If adding an option to set the cursor in the beginning, then we can easily just type the command directly.

1 hour ago, zzz said:

Usually, the selected text is used for query

I think you might be misunderstanding Universal Actions. You shouldn’t use them to fill text in Alfred and then add a command, but to run the command directly. From your other issue, you seem to be loading Universal Actions into existing Keywords but they’re most powerful when used directly from the object.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, vitor said:

I think you might be misunderstanding Universal Actions. You shouldn’t use them to fill text in Alfred and then add a command, but to run the command directly. From your other issue, you seem to be loading Universal Actions into existing Keywords but they’re most powerful when used directly from the object.

Yes, sorry for confusing. What I meant was "Used in Alfred" default action.

Edited by zzz

Posted (edited)

How to reproduce:

1. Select text "abc" in browser

2. Trigger Universal Actions

3. Choose "Use in Alfred"

4. In Alfred window, it shows ("abc" + cursor)

What I expect is an option to show (cursor + "abc") instead of ("abc" + cursor)

Edited by zzz

• vitor changed the title to Add option to set the cursor in the beginning of the text in "Use in Alfred"