Workflow with Chained output

I've just started using Workflows, I'm a little stuck on how to do this, so any help offered will be appreciated.

As a background I've just moved from The Archive (notes app) to Apple Notes. I've always used Alfred Hotkey Ctrl+Space to open Archive.

One nice feature of Archive I liked was press ESC and it took you to the Search bar and cleared the contents, so you could see all your notes and then you could type a search word.

I've adapted my Alfred workflow:

• HotKey Ctrl + Space opens Apple Notes
  • If Apple Notes is the active Window pressing Ctrl + Space will issue the Key Combo Opt+Cmd+F (which opens the Apple Notes search bar)

I would like to have a second Key Combo run so that it deletes the search bar contents. This can be a simple 'Delete' key press as the contents of the search bar are already selected when I press Ctrl + Space.

I've tried simply adding a second Key Combo box but this cannot connect to the first Key combo.

I know I could just press delete but it would be faster to use the hot key.

I don't need a workflow to search Notes, I am happy with this behaviour if I can get it to work.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 09.58.14.png

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rickhas said:

I've tried simply adding a second Key Combo box but this cannot connect to the first Key combo.

I wonder whether you might be able to do that by putting a 0.5s Wait action between them.

Edit: Apologies: it's called Delay.

Stephen

Edited by Stephen_C
Further edit to get correct utility name.

Thanks @Stephen_C

I tried your suggestion and found that I was doing something wrong. 

When I created the delay as a free-standing box it would not then connect to the Key Combo. But if I select the Key Combo box and then create the delay it worked.

So I tried that approach to create the second key combo box and it worked.

And the workflow does what I wanted.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.