Run an app on a different Desktop

I'm new to the Mac, and therefore to Alfred.  I'm trying to get an application to run on a desktop different from the current one.  I can get the workflow to load the app with a bash command, no problem, but can't figure out how get it to switch to Desktop 2 before it loads.  Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm new to the Mac, and therefore to Alfred.  I'm trying to get an application to run on a desktop different from the current one.  I can get the workflow to load the app with a bash command, no problem, but can't figure out how get it to switch to Desktop 2 before it loads.  Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not sure you could do something like this by default. I know that there have been applications in the past that help you further customize Spaces/Desktops. One such app is called TotalSpaces. With it you can set which desktop an app opens on by default. You may be better served looking into something like that

OS X can assign apps to desktops without any help. See here:

Assign%20Desktop.jpg

Cheers :)

OS X can assign apps to desktops without any help.

The counterpart is that when you delete this Desktop, all the apps assigned to it will show in the first one next you launch them. I would also like something more permanent.

Yeah good point. I forgot about that. I just remembered that TotalSpaces did it and provides a lot of other options as well. Either way. Thanks Tyler

Best I can tell the Dock Option doesn't seem to work for a specific workflow.  Rather it seems to be setting This Desktop for Alfred Preferences, not the specific workflow.  Is there a way to point to the specific workflow rather than to the Alfred Preferences app?  TotalSpaces looks like it might work, but seems a bit over kill for what should be one line of code in a bash script.  Is there not a way to tell OS X to got to a specific Desktop?