I'm making a workflow that toggles an application feature on or off via a gui applescript. However, I'd like to have the workflow send a notification to the user indicating whether the feature has been enabled or disabled. How would I go about implementing this?

I'm making a workflow that toggles an application feature on or off via a gui applescript. However, I'd like to have the workflow send a notification to the user indicating whether the feature has been enabled or disabled. How would I go about implementing this?

Is there no way to read the current value of the settings via a plist setting?

The program is called F.lux. I'll post the workflow to share shortly. Here's what I see thus far in the plist:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/48mfdmg5g5rfdum/Screen%20Shot%202013-05-12%20at%208.25.01%20PM.png

It doesn't seem like there's a value for such a setting.

You can adjust the day and night color temp from the plist and if F.lux is running, that will adjust the color of the screen. I just tested it out and it works.

I manually set my color temp all the way down, then dropped to a terminal and did:

defaults write org.herf.Flux dayColorTemp 6500

and the screen slowly brightened back up to where its supposed to be. The same would work for nightColorTemp