Default Instant Web Search

There have been various workflows created for using instant search within Alfred on services such as Google. This makes the web searches that ship with Alfred redundant. It would be good if these could be updated so that the default web search services were all instant already.

There have been various workflows created for using instant search within Alfred on services such as Google. This makes the web searches that ship with Alfred redundant. It would be good if these could be updated so that the default web search services were all instant already.

Alfred has the ability to do such this but Andrew has tried to make features that REQUIRE an internet connection a default feature. I know most of the time now days people will have an internet connection, but there are always special cases. You can set your own fallback search but workflows currently aren't available as fallback searches. Andrew and I have discussed the possibility of adding that feature but it isn't a definite as Andrew says there could be some serious implications with adding this functionality. I'm not sure what they are myself but I'm sure if Andrew left it out there is definitely a reason.

I hope this clears things up.