Application Switching with Hot Keys or Typing in App Name

I have set up a number of simple Hotkeys that move to various applications that I keep open on my Mac desktop. And I can do the same thing by just typing in a couple of letters of the name of the app. This still works for some apps such as Finder but neither work on other apps such as Mail, Firefox or BusyCal. I updated  Mac OS and have the latest. Ditto for Mail or Firefox. I updated Mac OS and rebooted a couple of times.

I can easily replicate it.

I'm using Alfred version 2.04 (199).

And Mac OS 2.7.5, which seems to be the latest available.

I use Alfred ALL the time, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

AugieJoe

I have set up a number of simple Hotkeys that move to various applications that I keep open on my Mac desktop. And I can do the same thing by just typing in a couple of letters of the name of the app. This still works for some apps such as Finder but neither work on other apps such as Mail, Firefox or BusyCal. I updated  Mac OS and have the latest. Ditto for Mail or Firefox. I updated Mac OS and rebooted a couple of times.

I can easily replicate it.

I'm using Alfred version 2.04 (199).

And Mac OS 2.7.5, which seems to be the latest available.

I use Alfred ALL the time, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Joe

AugieJoe

Could you try creating a fresh user profile on your mac temporarily, starting Alfred and trying from there. That will help work out if there is something happening on your current profile which is causing the issue.

Also check that you only have one instance of Alfred running (in Activity Monitor).

Cheers,

Andrew

[moving to the help forum]