This is a workflow that uses keyword: 'hc'. It will enable/disable your Hot Corners preference as a toggle.

Important Note

You will need to change the script in two ways

1. Change values in the theSavedValues so that it will set up as your own choice of Hot Corners.
  2. Change to your language on click button "Aktiva hörn…" to for example click button "Hot Corners…"

I use it for fullscreen gaming. 

I have only put the workflow together, the script was made by Pierre L. at https://discussions.apple.com/message/23824901#23824901.

Download

Near future improvements

Only one script, that toggles on and off depending on current state. Done in the second version.

2013-07-22

First version uploaded.

2013-12-02

Second version uploaded.

Compatible with OS X Mavericks

Now works as a toggle instead off on and off.

Edited by TKilaker

Love the idea. Does this work on Mountain Lion? I can use the script to disable hot corners, but the workflow refuses to re-enable most of them (both newer features such as Launchpad, but even "show desktop"). I get a notification that they've been re-enabled, but only one corner (the one I have set to what's now called "Mission Control") actually has been.

Thanks,

Anthony

Hi avk_tp,

You need to set the activity of the corner where you want Launchpad to:

set properties of the Y X screen corner to {activity:«constant ****lpad», modifiers:{}}

The reason the others didn't work is probably because it crashed when you tried setting the activity to 'launchpad', which does not work.

If you have more trouble or questions, feel free to ask.

Hi avk_tp,

You need to set the activity of the corner where you want Launchpad to:

set properties of the Y X screen corner to {activity:«constant ****lpad», modifiers:{}}

The reason the others didn't work is probably because it crashed when you tried setting the activity to 'launchpad', which does not work.

If you have more trouble or questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for the help, but I still can't get it to work. In fact, I tried getting rid of the launchpad corner altogether and the only one I can get to work is still mission control. Just in case I'm doing something obvious wrong, you'll find the relevant part of the script below. 

Thanks again!

set properties of the top left screen corner to {activity:none, modifiers:{}}

set properties of the top right screen corner to {activity:mission control, modifiers:{}}
set properties of the bottom left screen corner to {activity:application windows, modifiers:{}}
set properties of the bottom right screen corner to {activity:show desktop, modifiers:{}}

Hi avk_tp,

Your error lies in this line:

set properties of the top right screen corner to {activity:mission control, modifiers:{}}

The hot-corner-activity cannot have the state 'mission control' - that's only the label you see in the System Preferences GUI. The correct state to get the 'mission control' is:

set properties of the top right screen corner to {activity:all windows, modifiers:{}}

'all windows' gets you 'mission control'.

This is the code you pasted, but corrected:

set properties of the top right screen corner to {activity:all windows, modifiers:{}}
set properties of the bottom left screen corner to {activity:application windows, modifiers:{}}
set properties of the bottom right screen corner to {activity:show desktop, modifiers:{}}

Enjoy!

Hi avk_tp,

Your error lies in this line:

The hot-corner-activity cannot have the state 'mission control' - that's only the label you see in the System Preferences GUI. The correct state to get the 'mission control' is:

'all windows' gets you 'mission control'.

This is the code you pasted, but corrected:

Enjoy!

That totally fixed it. Thanks so much!

• 4 months later...