Markdown > Pandoc > Xelatex

I am considering the Alfred Powerpack for a rather specific use (although if it works, I guess others will follow):

I started writing in markdown (in Ulysses III to be precise). It can save to FILE.md, and then

1. I open the terminal,

2. make terminal know in which directory the file resides (in my case standard: cd Documents/Pandoc )

3. type

pandoc -o FILE.tex --template=TEMPLATE.xelatex FILE.md

4. and then in TeXshop I search and replace (because I often use very specific environments, which I cannot do without)

\textbackslash{} to \
               \{ to {
               \} to }

5. and finally I can run XeLaTeX on it.

It would be nice to create a workflow for steps 1-4. Can James, sorry, Alfred do this?

All the best,

Willem
Edited by Willem

I am considering the Alfred Powerpack for a rather specific use (although if it works, I guess others will follow):

I started writing in markdown (in Ulysses III to be precise). It can save to FILE.md, and then

1. I open the terminal,

2. make terminal know in which directory the file resides (in my case standard: cd Documents/Pandoc )

3. type

pandoc -o FILE.tex --template=TEMPLATE.xelatex FILE.md

4. and then in TeXshop I search and replace (because I often use very specific environments, which I cannot do without)

\textbackslash{} to \
               \{ to {
               \} to }

5. and finally I can run XeLaTeX on it.

It would be nice to create a workflow for steps 1-4. Can James, sorry, Alfred do this?

All the best,

Willem

Willem,

Alfred should definitely be able to accomplish 1-3. The 4th step, since I am not really familiar with TeXshop, I can't give a 100% confirmation on that. Is the action in step 4 something performed from the command line? I'm guessing no since TeXshop does appear to be a gui based application. If it's something you have to click through or action in the application itself, Alfred could potentially help. If it could be performed with keyboard hotkeys or if the application has AppleScript support, it may be a little easier. As mentioned though, since I'm not really familiar with it at all, it's hard to say.