Reporting a bug is stupidly hard

Piers Cawley

I just want to report a bug. To do so, I must first create an account with the forum software, go through a verification process and then start a new topic in the forum and then copy/paste information about the Alfred build and OS version number before I can describe the bug to you.

Alfred already: Knows who I am, what version and build it is, what version and build the operating system is and what I've been doing recently. Things would be a great deal easier if there were some mechanism _within_ Alfred for reporting a bug without having to go through that rigmarole, and ideally for querying the bugs database to see if anyone else has already reported the issue.

Obviously, not necessarily a high priority bug, but still.

I just want to report a bug. To do so, I must first create an account with the forum software, go through a verification process and then start a new topic in the forum and then copy/paste information about the Alfred build and OS version number before I can describe the bug to you.

Hi Piers, you'll see on our website a "Support" link in the header; it gives you the options of checking the support site, the known issues and the forum for help, as well as giving you an email address you can contact us on if the above three channels don't answer your question. As the majority of questions raised are already answered in one of these channels, this almost always allows users to answer their own questions (while meeting fellow Alfred users!)

We respond to emails and tweets almost instantly and to emails as quickly as we can, but by getting users to help each other, we can focus more of our time on the app's development and future plans :)

Cheers,

Vero

[Moving to closed]