Hi Alfred lovers

I’m new to Alfred and I was looking for a workflow that was able to store my favourite websites.

More or less one like “Faves” from David Ferguson (http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/784-faves-formerly-favorite-folders/) but instead of storing folders it stored my favourite websites only.

I’ll explain my situation. I have a list of websites from my university that i only need to access when I’m studying. My idea was to type “uni” and only then the list of pre set websites would appear, so that they don’t clutter my other search results

I actually don’t know if this is easy or not or do, but here is the suggestion. Thanks a lot :)

DMaher,

Do you have any experience with PHP programming? If so, it should be pretty easy to modify David's workflow to fit your needs.

If you want to make something that is idiosyncratic, then you could just create a workflow, without needing to write a line of code, just by creating a workflow that has a series of "key words" that lead to "open a url" action. For each one, you'd have to modify the workflow, but it is the fastest way to make something for your own use.

If you have some experience with PHP programming and would like a bit of help altering David's workflow, then I'll be happy to answer whichever questions you need.

If you'd rather work in a different language, then you could use the logic that David implements, but you'd have to rewrite the thing from scratch, which also shouldn't be too hard.

Edited by Shawn Rice

DMaher,

Do you have any experience with PHP programming? If so, it should be pretty easy to modify David's workflow to fit your needs.

If you want to make something that is idiosyncratic, then you could just create a workflow, without needing to write a line of code, just by creating a workflow that has a series of "key words" that lead to "open a url" action. For each one, you'd have to modify the workflow, but it is the fastest way to make something for your own use.

If you have some experience with PHP programming and would like a bit of help altering David's workflow, then I'll be happy to answer whichever questions you need.

If you'd rather work in a different language, then you could use the logic that David implements, but you'd have to rewrite the thing from scratch, which also shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks for your suggestion. PHP is definitely something on my todo list for quite some time. This might just be the incentive I needed. Meanwhile I will just create workflow for my needs like you suggested ;)