Generate a workflow by code.

Hi,

I run a website, and I want to provide my users with workflows with their own specific information.

I can write a common workflow to fetch the information via my JSON API. But I'd rather generate static ones for each user, so the workflow could be very simple and more stable as it could run without my server.

I can write JS/Python/Ruby, any piece of code would be of great help! 

If this could not be made possible (or too complicated),  I'll just fallback to make a common version.

(sorry for my poor English. Thanks!

Hi,

I run a website, and I want to provide my users with workflows with their own specific information.

I can write a common workflow to fetch the information via my JSON API. But I'd rather generate static ones for each user, so the workflow could be very simple and more stable as it could run without my server.

I can write JS/Python/Ruby, any piece of code would be of great help! 

If this could not be made possible (or too complicated),  I'll just fallback to make a common version.

(sorry for my poor English. Thanks!

Could you please pop your Powerpack email address into your forum profile (only visible to Vero and I) for Powerpack related questions, cheers :)

Added.

Thanks - Programatically creating a workflow for your users should be pretty easy. Create yourself a template workflow, you can reveal this in Finder in Alfred's Workflow preferences. Then if you follow the following rules, you should be good:

1. Workflows are run from the current working directory, so if you create a configuration text file, you can load this in your workflow in the ./ folder

2. The files for the workflow are mostly in plain text (such as info.plist), so you can make modifications to these on your server

3. The .alfredworkflow is simply a zip file, so if you zip up the files (file in route of zip) and rename it to .alfredworkflow, you can provide it to users and it will install

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks - Programatically creating a workflow for your users should be pretty easy. Create yourself a template workflow, you can reveal this in Finder in Alfred's Workflow preferences. Then if you follow the following rules, you should be good:

1. Workflows are run from the current working directory, so if you create a configuration text file, you can load this in your workflow in the ./ folder

2. The files for the workflow are mostly in plain text (such as info.plist), so you can make modifications to these on your server

3. The .alfredworkflow is simply a zip file, so if you zip up the files (file in route of zip) and rename it to .alfredworkflow, you can provide it to users and it will install

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks!!!!

I'm right...I knew it was zipped! tried to open .alfredworkflow with Entropy, but failed. Then I thought maybe it's not zip file.........

Now I know what to do. Thank you!