Thank you fniephaus for this nice workflow, it's very practical to turn off the screen for a movie time! :D  Would you have an idea how to apply to the keyboard's backlight as well? I've been searching a bit, but I don't really understand what I found.

@TingTingBen It doesn't seem like there is a decent way to control the keyboard backlight from anything but the system preferences. A utility called Lab Tick came out a while ago (last update late 2009) to give you a sider for it, but that's the closest I've seen to a way to do that besides the system preferences.

Do you know if there is a way to have this workflow simultaneously adjust the bightness on both displays in a dual-display setup? The workflow currently only adjusts the main display. Thank you.

Keith

Do you know if there is a way to have this workflow simultaneously adjust the bightness on both displays in a dual-display setup? The workflow currently only adjusts the main display. Thank you.

Keith

I honestly don't know. Is there even a way to adjust the brightness of an external display?