Open current URL in Different Browser?

Hello!

I'm trying to create a workflow where my current open URL in safari would be copied and opened in another browser, such as firefox. I'm new to making workflows so I'm not sure how to do this. I'm running alfred v2.3 powerpack. 

Thank you!

I don't know how much assistance you're looking for on this...

Just a point in a direction to get your going:

To perform something like this, you'd need a little AppleScript. There's another post that can help you grab the current url from most browsers. After that, you could just need to use a Open URL workflow action to open the url in the specified browser. 

If you want/need more than that, let me know and I'd be happy to help out.

Hello!

I'm trying to create a workflow where my current open URL in safari would be copied and opened in another browser, such as firefox. I'm new to making workflows so I'm not sure how to do this. I'm running alfred v2.3 powerpack. 

Thank you!

Here's a workflow that contains an AppleScript that grabs the current URL in Safari, opens it in Chrome, then closes the existing tab in Safari. I use it with a hotkey. It's my understanding that Firefox support for AppleScript is wonky at best, so I'm not sure how one would go about doing what you're looking for (in Alfred, at least).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e2vd97hy7wvtts/Open%20Safari%20Tab%20in%20Chrome.alfredworkflow?dl=0

Edited by morocons
  • 4 years later...
On 6/25/2014 at 6:04 AM, morocons said:

Here's a workflow that contains an AppleScript that grabs the current URL in Safari, opens it in Chrome, then closes the existing tab in Safari. I use it with a hotkey. It's my understanding that Firefox support for AppleScript is wonky at best, so I'm not sure how one would go about doing what you're looking for (in Alfred, at least).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e2vd97hy7wvtts/Open%20Safari%20Tab%20in%20Chrome.alfredworkflow?dl=0

Nice, but it doesn't close the tab in Safari though?