Open URL in IE running in VMWare Fusion

RJ17

Just purchased the Powerpack and I am looking to use alfred to open a specific URL in internet explorer running on a VMWare Fusion VM?  Is this something that is possible?

Thanks

If you have the proxy apps running in OS X (i.e. you can launch IE directly from OS X), then it may technically be possible.

Does IE show up as a browser which you can select as default in Safari's prefs? If so, you could create a workflow which opens the passed URL in the selected browser of IE.

Cheers,

Andrew

IE does not show in the default browser dropdown.  IE is in the applications folder for the mac and can be launched from Alfred.  I am just unable to figure out how to pass a URL to it.  I am able to do this with Keyboard Maestro but I was hoping to be able to do this with Alfred and avoid purchasing Maestro as well. 

IE does not show in the default browser dropdown.  IE is in the applications folder for the mac and can be launched from Alfred.  I am just unable to figure out how to pass a URL to it.  I am able to do this with Keyboard Maestro but I was hoping to be able to do this with Alfred and avoid purchasing Maestro as well. 

If you can browse and open like this, you may be able to do something similar to this in an Alfred workflow script:

open -a "Safari" http://google.com

where you replace out Safari with Internet Explorer (or the actual app name)

I got it to work.  Here is the command 

on alfred_script(q)

do shell script "open -a \"Internet Explorer\" http://google.com"
end alfred_script

I do have one more question.  How do i send an argument from Alfred to the script?

If you use a run script action set to bash (not AppleScript), then you can simply put the open -a part without wrapping it in the AppleScript function.

Setup an Alfred keyword input into the script which requires an argument, then this argument can be accessed in the script using {query}.

Cheers,

Andrew