Long text truncated. Replaced with ellipse.

Maybe this is a growl or a notification center problem but hopefully someone here can help me.  I've set up workflows to run bash scripts and send output to notification windows.  The output looks perfect in the 'Large Type' output but not in the growl window where it is truncated and replaced with an ellipse.  

growl.png

Thanks much for any and all help!

Maybe this is a growl or a notification center problem but hopefully someone here can help me.  I've set up workflows to run bash scripts and send output to notification windows.  The output looks perfect in the 'Large Type' output but not in the growl window where it is truncated and replaced with an ellipse.  

Thanks much for any and all help!

Alfred just sends the text you pass to the outputs, so there may be something up with that text.

Are there normal spaces used in the first line? If not, Growl may be having an issue recognising where to line break. Have you tried also setting this to Notification Centre instead of Growl to see what happens?

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, sorry, I should have said that the behavior is the same to Notification Center.  To test this a bit more, I made a simple workflow that just does:

cat {query} and pipes into either growl or notification center.  

I then did 'vim /tmp/a.txt' which looks like this:

/tmp$ cat /tmp/a.txt 

Here I will type a very very very very very very long line of text.

Here is short.

Here I will type another very very very very very very long line of text.

Another short is here.

/tmp$ 

Now when I test this, the 'Large Type' looks perfect but growl and notification center are still not working.  Here is growl:
growl.png
Here is notification center:
notification.png
Note that notification center is even worse.  Not only does it truncate the first line but it only displays the first line.

Some version information:
  • Computer: Processor  1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Computer: Software  OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
  • alfred: v2.5.1 (308).
  • growl: 2.1.3.
Thanks very much for any and all help.

Thanks very much for any and all help.

The OS X notification centre screenshot looks like you are showing text in the title field... try putting {query} in the 'text' field of the workflow notification output. This then shows two lines for me (which I think is the max for OS X's NC)... not sure the behaviour in Growl as I don't have it installed on this Mac, but you may see improved behaviour!

Thanks so much!  Problem solved.  The solution was putting {query} in the 'text' field.  Worked for both NC and growl.  I was confused by the option to put {query} in either title or text since I thought of {query} as the original entered text and not as the output.