Can't Use Alfred with Multiple User Accounts

I currently have Alfred Remote working with my main user account on my Mac, but ran into problems when I tried to use Alfred Remote on a different user account (specifically I'm unable to connect).

I do all my training work in user accounts that are specifically set up for training and was hoping to be able to use Alfred Remote to facilitate app switching during these training sessions. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can pair with two different accounts on the same Mac. Is this a bug, or an unimplemented feature?

As a workaround I removed Alfred Remote from my iPad and am attempting to uninstall…but Apple's having server problems today that are preventing me from downloading the app. Hopefully this will do the trick…even though it's not very convenient. Is there are better way?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Tim

I currently have Alfred Remote working with my main user account on my Mac, but ran into problems when I tried to use Alfred Remote on a different user account (specifically I'm unable to connect).

I do all my training work in user accounts that are specifically set up for training and was hoping to be able to use Alfred Remote to facilitate app switching during these training sessions. Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can pair with two different accounts on the same Mac. Is this a bug, or an unimplemented feature?

As a workaround I removed Alfred Remote from my iPad and am attempting to uninstall…but Apple's having server problems today that are preventing me from downloading the app. Hopefully this will do the trick…even though it's not very convenient. Is there are better way?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Tim

You should be able to run Alfred Remote fine on two separate user accounts with one important caveat... If you are using fast user switching (not fully logging out of your main account), you'll need to turn off the remote server (from Alfred's Remote prefs) on one account before switching to the other account otherwise remote may be trying to connect to Alfred on the wrong user account.

• 2 weeks later...