Mail recipient name not appearing in search

When I enter:

chrisg

into Spotlight, I get several hits for OS X Mail messages with that text as in the 'to' field, but when I enter:

'chrisg

(i.e., hit spacebar, then type chrisg)

... into Alfred, I get no hits.

I have been using Alfred for years with great results and using the default prefs. When the problem started happening a while back, I believe I added a few criteria (e.g., AppleScripts) to Extras -- all Essentials and Extras are checked, and Include folders in home is checked. I haven't removed any search criteria. I believe I've been having problems finding text in other app docs, but can't pull up any examples currently.

OS X 10.9.5 Alfred v.2.6 (374)

I'm wondering if an index file needs to be rebuilt, or it could be my fault for not using Alfred properly. thanks 

When I enter:

chrisg

into Spotlight, I get several hits for OS X Mail messages with that text as in the 'to' field, but when I enter:

'chrisg

(i.e., hit spacebar, then type chrisg)

... into Alfred, I get no hits.

I have been using Alfred for years with great results and using the default prefs. When the problem started happening a while back, I believe I added a few criteria (e.g., AppleScripts) to Extras -- all Essentials and Extras are checked, and Include folders in home is checked. I haven't removed any search criteria. I believe I've been having problems finding text in other app docs, but can't pull up any examples currently.

OS X 10.9.5 Alfred v.2.6 (374)

I'm wondering if an index file needs to be rebuilt, or it could be my fault for not using Alfred properly. thanks 

I've created a workflow search for emails in various ways in Mail.app:

Once you've imported the workflow, the keywords are:
- "emfrom" to search by sender and sender email address
- "em" to search by subject line and email content
- "emsubj" to search only by subject line

Let me know if this helps you out - and do note that workflows require the Powerpack :)

Cheers,
Vero